29.4.11

W E D L I K E R O Y A L T Y





I am keen on hearing your thoughts and opinions on Kate Middleton's or should I write, the Duchess of Cambridges' wedding gown by Sarah Burton head designer for Alexander McQueen? I think she looked absolutely breathtaking. Most definitely an English Rose. 
Like all media commentators are suggesting, I do agree with the fact that the dress is very much like that of the late Princess Grace of Monaco's, with more of a modern twist. The commentators have missed the fact it looks similar to that of Princess Margaret's wedding gown, minus the lace, pictured below (more so than Princess Grace's;


The simplicity of it all, yet the detailing of the dress with the lace top feature as well as with the bottom of the gown demonstrates elegance, pure and simple. I know I may be attacked for this but all opinions are valid, Kate's dress overides anything that Lady Diana wore, including her wedding gown.
I understand it was the eighties, but in all seriousness, it was hideous no arguing in it with me.

Personally, I prefer brides with a sleek or classy updo but despite that, I still like every aspect of her gown, jewels, make-up and so forth. For 'commoners', her family sure are a bunch of classy people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...